(GivenUs.com) – Out on your own? Now is the perfect time to start building your future — and your credit. As a college student, you’re probably looking for ways to keep more cash in your pocket. This video by Brian Jung explains how to find the best credit card for you.
Brian recommends the Discover card brand, but that’s not your only option. Shop around and search for perks like these:
- Cash back match. Look for a card that will give you cash back on certain purchases. Some companies will even match that cash back amount. This is an easy way to earn extra cash without even trying.
- Refer a friend. Have a lot of friends on campus? Or back at home? Select a card that will reward you for referring others. Over time, this can really add up.
- Good rates. Always check interest rates. Because you’re new to building your credit, you may go into a high-risk category, which means higher rates and a higher payment.
- Companies like Discover want to be the first card for students, so they will look past a lower FICO score and still give you a good APR.
- No hidden fees. It’s important to accept a card with no hidden fees. This will prevent you from overextending your credit and getting unforeseen charges for it.
College is the perfect time to start building your credit. Choose a card that is accommodating to students and has excellent customer service. Treat the card respectfully, and you’ll be well on your way toward a solid financial path.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, GivenUs.com