(GivenUs.com) – If you find yourself consistently hitting snooze to go back to sleep or dreading the moment when you actually have to get out of bed, morning may not be your favorite time of day. What if you could wake up energized instead of exhausted? If even the thought of that doesn’t compute before your morning cup of coffee, sit back, drink up and check out these tips to wake up ready to tackle the day!
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and large meals before bed. According to the CDC, you’ll sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Start the day with 5 minutes of stretching. You’ll feel better and more awake if you stretch thoroughly before you get out of bed.
- Let the sunlight in! If you have a room that gets morning sun, keeping the curtains open can help the room fill with light earlier in the day, which helps you feel more awake and energetic. If you don’t have natural sunlight coming into your room, consider a sunlight lamp to simulate the same effect.
- Chill out! Turn the thermostat down to 65 degrees Fahrenheit for the best possible sleep according to experts.
- Reach for gratitude — not your phone. Instead of waking up to check your email or scroll through social media, consider a gratitude practice instead. Focusing on what you appreciate can help you feel more awake and energized while picking up your phone can contribute to a more stressed mental state.
Kiss those groggy mornings goodbye by applying these simple tips. Want more ideas for how to wake up feeling your best? Check out this short video and greet the day with a smile.
Even a small change could make a big difference. Now, when you say, “Good morning,” you might actually mean it!
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2021, GivenUs.com