(GivenUs.com) – The brain is quite amazing. It allows us to think as well as convey our emotions — and it’s a huge part of what makes each of us unique!
The brain can also be quite predictable. According to this video, research has uncovered some interesting psychological facts about how we tick. With enough knowledge and insight, you may even be able to use these insights to make your life better.
Having a healthy relationship with your brain is essential. So why not give these tricks a try?
- Sunlight improves your mood. Getting Vitamin D outside is good for both your body and your mental health.
- Sleeping too much harms your health. Five hours are too few, 11 hours are too many — but a solid 7 to 8 hours per night can keep you going all day long.
- Music reduces anxiety. If you’re ever feeling stressed, singing along with your favorite songs releases oxytocin and endorphins that can reduce your anxiety.
- You’re smarter than you think. You might be underestimating your intelligence if you have enough wisdom to understand just how much you don’t know.
- You can make better choices in your second language. Thinking in a non-native language unlocks the logical side of your brain, which is great for tough decision-making.
These are just a few psychological tricks that can help you reduce stress in your day-to-day life. Your brain may frustrate you at times, but giving it undivided love and attention can work to your advantage in the long run.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, GivenUs.com